During the hunting season often happens to carry in the trunk whole animals or parts of them. No matter that we use plastic envelopes and troughs, and linoleums to protect the upholstery from animal secretions and blood. The blood goes under the insoles or in the boot. While it’s cold, the smell is almost unrecognizable, but with the high temperatures comes an unbearable smell, from which we can only get rid of if we take active measures.
The one thing that can save us from that awful smell is а professional car upholstery cleaning procedure. Expert cleaners use high temperature water extraction method to kill germs and bacteria, and to cope with unpleasant odors. Moreover, they are equipped with powerful cleaning products that can cope with any problem. If you try to cope with such disgusting odor without professional help, it would be almost impossible. The only way to achieve this goal is with expensive steam machine. You can buy or rent steam machine and try to return the pleasant smell inside your vehicle again.
You can clean vomit stains and eliminate their odor, with the following car upholstery cleaning method: sprinkle the baking soda evenly over the dirty parts of the damask or the entire fabric. Then take white vinegar and dilute it 50/50 with water and spray over the soda you have sprinkled on the seats. All the dirt and smells will disappear. When the baking soda dries, use a hard coat brush and then use the vacuum cleaner to collect the substance.
Besides baking soda, you can use white vinegar to get rid of bad odor inside the vehicle. What you have to do is pour some vinegar in 2 bowls. Place the first bowl on the dashboard and the second – on the back seats. Leave the bowls inside the car for a night. The next day remove the bowls and open the windows to air the saloon.
To eliminate the bad smell in the vehicle, you have to find the source and remove it. If the smell appears only when the car is parked under direct sunlight, the smell may be coming from the ceiling of the car. This is a common problem, especially if you ride a dog or cat. The ceilings of cars caught bacteria from the fur of these animals and when it becomes wet or hot, the smell is unbearable. Our advice is to clean the saloon with a vacuum cleaner. After that, you have to take quality apple vinegar and soapy water and make a 50/50 solution in a spray bottle. Spray the smelly places – ceiling, seats, floor, everything from textiles and rubber, and allow drying. If you notice there are left stains, you can wipe with a damp cloth. Repeat the car upholstery cleaning procedure several times and you will get rid of the unpleasant odors in the car. It has been proven that vinegar is the most effective tool for eliminating such bad smell! We have to warn you that at the beginning the spray will smell slightly of vinegar. However, after a few days the smell of vinegar disappears along with the bad smell and then you can use air freshener.
Eliminating cigarette smoke odor
Cigarette smoke has a very persistent odor that penetrates deep into surrounding objects. If only once someone has smoked in your car, the smell of cigarettes will be felt for a long time. Apart from being unpleasant, it is especially harmful for you if you are a non-smoker or if you suffer from asthma. Car flavors could also not help you effectively, as they themselves are contraindicated in the presence of respiratory illnesses and allergies. So check out the following ways to get rid of the unpleasant smell in your car:
- Place a cloth, soaked with vinegar, between the seats for 1 night.
- In all corners of the saloon, place charcoal dishes for 1 night. This method is very effective against the persistent odor of tobacco in the car. You can repeat the procedure several nights in a row.
- Cut 2 or 3 large ripe apples in halves. Clean them from the core and leave them for a few days in your car. They will absorb all odors.
- Sprinkle the baking soda on the seats and mats and leave it for 1 night. Then clean with a vacuum cleaner. This method will also help you remove stains from the upholstery.
- Divide in halves 2 natural vanilla pods and place them in different places in the car for 1 week. That way, you will enjoy a steady vanilla aroma all the time.
- Another interesting way to remove the smell of cigarette smoke can be used by drivers who have a cat at home. Pour into a suitable container a portion of the special absorbent sandbox for cat litter and put it in the car for the night.